1. Don't skip a meal
By skipping meals, it encourages binge eating or uncontrolled eating. If you wait till you're so hungry, you'll end up making the wrong choices. Skipping meals also leads to greater fat storage.
2. Become aware of how much you are actually eating each day.
Calories from fat should not exceed 20 - 30 % of your calorie intake each day.
3. Drink plenty of water.
Try to drink your body weight in ounces of water each day. For example : if you are 150 lbs, drink 75 ounces of water. It will fill you up and cleanse your body all at the same time.
4. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
5. Eat smaller, more frequent meals; 2 1/2 - 3 hours apart.
6. Each meal should include a lean protein, a low glyceric carbohydrate and an essential good fat for optimum nutritional balance.
Lean proteins consist of fish, skinless white meat chicken, lean cuts of beef, tofu or protein powder drink mixes, legumes etc.
7. Vegetables that are steamed or eaten raw contain a much higher percentage of nutrients than prepared in any other form.
It's best to steam or microwave veggies. Boiling veggies causes most of the nutrients to be lost in the water.
8. Remember salad dressings are high in fat.
Use fat-free dressings or other alternatives like lemon juice and rice vinegar.
9. Always think ahead and be prepared.
Pack up healthy food to take to work with you each day and if you go to the movies, bring your own snacks.
10. Try and eat all your meals before 7.00 pm.
KAYA HARTA MISKIN JIWA
3 hours ago